|Co – Presidents||Amy Stein|
|VP Administration||Donna Cohen|
|VP Membership||Debi Brenner|
|VP Ways and Means||Mollie Traub|
|Financial Secretary||Ronnie Frishman|
|Recording Secretary||Jennifer Loviglio|
|Ex Officio||Judy Abelman|
|Immediate Past President||Vancy Boyar & Soralee Cook|
DIRECTORS SERVING UNTIL 2019
|Randi Fox Tabb|
The Greater Rochester Section of the National Council of Jewish Women was founded in 1894.
Some of the current programs we offer our community are:
- Consider College — An academic and career mentoring program for low-income students in the Rochester City School District.
- Books, Mommy and Me — an early childhood literacy program for teen moms and their pre-schoolers in coalition with the YWCA.
- Higher Ground — our newest national initiative to end domestic violence by helping women gain the economic stability they need to leave abusive relationships.
In the past, the Greater Rochester Section:
- helped update and distribute the Monroe County Homeless Guide.
- published and distributed the Consumer Guide to Elder Services and placed it on the internet.
- participated in building a Habitat for Humanity House.
- fought homophobia in our schools with “Project Teaching Respect,” a documentary produced in conjunction with WOKR-TV, Channel 13.
- placed domestic abuse awareness posters in the Jewish community.
- helped design “Perilous Journeys,” an educational tool for teaching the Holocaust.
- provided toys for the children’s corners at United Way’s C.A.S.H. tax preparation sites.
Section and Individual Accomplishments:
- 1991 National Fundraising Award for Artists-in-Residences event
- 1992 Winner of Goals for Greater Rochester Goal Getter Award for Homeless Guide
- 1993 National Fundraising Award for Stay-At-Home Ball
- 1994 Greater Rochester Section helped bring Home Instruction Program for Pre-school Youngsters (HIPPY) to Baden Street Child Development Center
- 2000 Friend of the Community Award given by The Gay Alliance of the Genesee Valley Gay Alliance for Project Teaching Respect
- Past Woman of the Year Judy Abelman is an Honorary National Vice President of NCJW, Inc.
- Past President Arlene Schenker was an NCJW, Inc. Commissioner and a 2007
- National Nominating Committee member.
- Past President Donna Cohen was an NCJW, Inc. Commissioner
- Past President Ronny Frishman was an NCJW, Inc. Commissioner
- Past President Mollie Traub was an NCJW, Inc. board member, Chair of the National Bylaws Committee and is currently an NCJW, Inc. Commissioner
Please follow the link below to The GRS Bylaws. They have been approved by the GRS Board of Directors and the NCJW,Inc. Committee on Bylaws and Policies and Procedures. They will be voted on by the general membership at the next meeting that has a quorum. If you have questions please contact the bylaws committee at email@example.com.